For the purposes of this policy data protection law means: (i) the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018; (ii)unless and until it is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then (iii) any subsequent, and successor, legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Ltd is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
We will comply with data protection law. Personal information we hold about you will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely.
Personal information, or personal data, refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not refer to anonymous data. Anonymous data is information where any personal identifiers have been removed. There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
1. What information do we collect store and use?
Information you give us.
When you signup to receive our newsletter at www.room89.co.uk ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, email address.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
• To send you special offers and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time.
• Any information we collect about customers’ browsing habits is used to for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the website and the products and services offered to our customers.
3. Why do we contact you?
We contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our Contact List. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time – see below for more details.
5. Contact via social media
Where you contact us via social media to make an enquiry, we will respond via the email you have provided when you placed your order.
6. Sharing data with third parties
We do not transfer your information to anyone for marketing purposes without your consent. However, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
Other third parties
• in processing your order, we may send your details to and use information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
• if we or our business are acquired by a third party when our customers’ personal data will be transferred to the buyer;
• If we have to disclose in order to comply with a legal obligation;
• in order to enforce or apply the terms of our contract with you; or
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of , our customers, or others.
7. How long will we keep your information?
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for thereby reducing the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant. Information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
8. Informing us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
9. Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
10. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
• to access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data and a copy of the personal data held.
• to rectify: where you consider your personal data to be inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data is updated. /li>
• to erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
• to restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
• to object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
• to withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• to data portability: where legally applicable, you have the right to have the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or, where technically possible, transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please contact us using the details outlined below.
11. Cookies Policy
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit some websites. To use our website properly, you need to have cookies enabled. Cookies allow certain information from your web browser to be collected by us, which we use to track visitor use. They do not identify who is using the computer, just the computer being used. Cookies and other similar technology make it easier for you to use our website on future visits.
Browsers can be used to restrict, block or delete cookies. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile telephone handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please be aware that if you block all cookies, this website (and many others you visit) will cease to work for you.
These are the main types of cookies we use, and what we use them for:
12. Social Media Cookies:
For websites used by individual customers, there may be the opportunity to ‘share’ content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter. You may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
13. Session cookies:
This type of cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the website, such as moving through online forms or browsing the website. The website wouldn’t work for you without it.
14. Analytics cookies:
These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics or other analytics software. This software helps us take and analyse collective visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers and response to marketing activity. That information is not held at individual customer level and helps us to improve the website and your experience, and to ensure our marketing campaigns are relevant.
15. Third party referral cookies:
These cookies are set by third party companies which refer you to our website or advertise our products. We don’t control the setting of these cookies.
16. Preferences cookies:
These cookies help us recognise you when you return to our website. For example, your language preferences.
Cookies and other connection and tracking data stored on your device are kept for a period of 12 months from their collection date.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
10 Union Street
Terms & Conditions
By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these Terms & conditions (“terms”), please read them carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you should not access or view this website.
1. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only. Room89 LLP (Room89) has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of inclusion, however there may be inaccuracies and occasional errors for which Room89 apologises.
2. Room89 makes no representations or warranties about the information provided through this website, including any hypertext links to any website or other items used either directly or indirectly from this website. Room89 accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and any decisions based on information contained in Room89 ‘s websites are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
3. The information and images contained within this website are © Copyright Room89. We permit you to make copies of this website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it; and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. You may not frame this site nor link to a page other than the home page without our express permission in writing.
4. You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the Obscene Publications Act or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
5. Room89 reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
6. You hereby agree to indemnify Room89 against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against Room89 as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
7. If you are in breach of these terms Room89 may as its option, suspend or block your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
8. This website is provided to you free of charge, and neither Room89 nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud or as required by law) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Room89 accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any information obtained either directly or indirectly from this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website.
9. These terms may be amended by Room89 from time to time.
10. Your use of this website and downloads from it, and the operation of these terms & conditions, shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this website.
In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms & conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.